Elon Musk is a South African-born American Entrepreneur, internationally known for his Telsa Motors and SpaceX, that launched a commercial spacecraft in 2012. He holds the 25th spot on Forbes’ list of the most powerful people in the world.
So let’s come to know top 10 crazy facts about Elon Musk –
1. Musk called his father Errol Musk “evil”:
Errol Musk once shot three men who tried to enter his Johannesburg home. And after that, he married his stepdaughter who was 40 years junior to him. These things made Elon Musk regret his father.
2. Musk was thought deaf in his childhood:
Musk completed reading the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica by age nine, but he was very quiet that his parents thought he was deaf.
3. Musk earned his first penny at the age of 12:
When Elon Musk was only 10 years old, he grew his interest in computing and he became a self-taught computer programmer by the age of 12. In that time, he started to earn and he earned $500 selling the codes for the video game he created ‘Blastar’ to ‘PC and Office Technology Magazine’.
4. Musk is a drop-out student from two universities:
In 1989, Elon Musk attended Queen’s University but then left that to study at the University at Pennsylvania; He also left his Ph.D. at Stanford University due to the launching of Zip2 Corporation.
5. Musk’s first baby died from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome:
Musk and his first wife had 7 sons actually. Their first child named Nevada Alexander Musk, who was born in 2002, died after 10 weeks due to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
6. Musk made his appearance in movie and television shows:
Musk appeared in Iron Man 2 as a cameo and he is called the “real-life Tony Stark” afterward. He has also been seen in some television shows, such as Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, and South Park.
7. Musk has found eight companies:
Elon Musk became the founder of 8 companies within 22 years. He developed Zip2 in 1995, and then PayPal, SpaceX, Telsa, Hyperloop, OpenAI, Neuralink, and finally the Boring Company in 2017. His IQ is estimated to be 155 approx.
8. Musk withdrew his decision to serve on two business councils for Donald Trump:
In 2017, Musk was agreed to serve on Trump’s Manufacturing Jobs Initiative and the Strategic and Policy Forum but resigned from both positions in protest of the president withdrawing the U.S. from the Paris agreement.
9. Musk’s Telsa Sportscar is in the orbit around the sun:
Musk sent his own Telsa sportscar into space as the dummy payload for the launch of his Falcon Heavy rocket in 2018.
10. As of August 2021, Musk had a net worth of 185.5 billion:
Elon Musk became the world’s richest person with 185.5 billion, surpassing Jeff Bezos in 2021. The source of most of his wealth is Telsa and SpaceX.
- 10 Craziest Facts about Bill Gates that You Probably Didn’t Know - September 8, 2021
- 10 Crazy Facts About Sundar Pichai that You Probably Didn’t Know - August 22, 2021
- 10 Lesser Known Facts about Elon Musk that You Probably Didn’t Know - August 21, 2021