Sundararajan, well-known as Sundar Pichai is an Indian-born American executive whose name is closely connected to Google and its holding company, Alphabet Inc. He became the CEO of Google in 2004 and the Product Chief of the Android smartphone operating system in 2014.
Now let’s talk about the Top 10 Crazy Facts About Sundar Pichai that You didn’t know –
1. Pichai dreamed of becoming a cricketer in his childhood:
Born to an Engineer family, Sundar Pichai grew up dreaming to become an International Cricket player. But due to his turning focus on Engineering, he left the dream of becoming a cricket player.
2. Pichai family lacked basic necessities:
Once in an interview with NYT, Sundar Pichai told that they lived in a house, shared with tenants. They used to sleep on the floor of the living room and also they had not the basic necessities like a fridge and all.
3. Pichai saw the phone for the first time at the age of 12:
Sundar Pichai was only 12 when he got to know about the phone that was being brought into his home.
4. Pichai is a B.Tech, MS, and MBA holder:
He completed his B.Tech degree from IIT Kharagpur majoring in Metallurgical Engineering in 1993, a MS degree from Stanford University in 1995, and a MBA degree from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 2002.
5. Pichai worked in two places before joining Google:
Just after completing his MBA, Pichai started working as a consultant in McKinsey & Company; And after that, he became the engineer and product manager at a semiconductor maker located in Silicon Valley, USA.
6. Pichai developed today’s no. 1 browser, Google Chrome:
As the CEO, Sundar Pichai took the initiative to launch a browser for Google itself and convinced both co-founders of Google, Sergey Brin, and Larry Page to look forward to the browser. Finally, in 2008, he launched Google Chrome that has surpassed Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
7. Pichai controls Google’s business segments:
After the restructuring of Google/Alphabet Inc., Sundar took responsibility for Google’s business segments that include search, ads, maps, the Google Play Store, YouTube, and Android.
8. Pichai did not move to Microsoft for $50 million:
When Microsoft invited Sundar Pichai for joining their company, Google retained him with them for $50 million in a year in stocks after so many negotiations.
9. Pichai never forgets the dialled numbers:
Sundar Pichai has a very strange habit of not forgetting the numbers that he has ever dialled. This habit has been staying with him since childhood.
10. As of June 2021, Pichai Had a net worth of $1.3 billion:
Sundar Pichai owns multiple shares and stocks in the multi-billion dollar company and as the CEO of Google, he earns $2M per year combining all. And he stands among the richest persons in the field of technology with a net worth of $1.3 billion.
- 10 Craziest Facts about Bill Gates that You Probably Didn’t Know - September 8, 2021
- 10 Crazy Facts About Sundar Pichai that You Probably Didn’t Know - August 22, 2021
- 10 Lesser Known Facts about Elon Musk that You Probably Didn’t Know - August 21, 2021